Arrival by Train Flughafen Frankfurt
Would you like to travel by train to Frankfurt Airport?
Here you can find quickly and easily all connections for your journey.
- Please enter your start location and the time of the beginning of your travel above in the search mask. Search suggestions will help you.
- You will get a list of all possible connections to Frankfurt Airport.
- Please choose your best connection and click on the green plus icon left to get more detailed information.
- Now you can print out the schedule and book your ticket.
There are two railway stations at Frankfurt Airport:
- the regional railway station
- the long-distance railway station
The Airport Long Distance Railway Station is the largest railway station serving an airport in Germany with about 23,000 passengers each day. The station is served by 210 long-distance trains daily, of which 185 are Intercity-Expresses. This one and Limburg Süd Station are the only railway stations in Germany that are served exclusively by long-distance trains.
The station was opened in 1999 as part of the first part of the Cologne–Frankfurt high-speed line; the great majority of the high-speed line opened in 2002. It is 660 m long and 45 m high. It features a large dome containing a lounge area and a ticket hall, and is connected to the airport by a skyway that crosses the Autobahn 3. The Squaire, a one-billion-euro complex containing office space, hotels, convention centres and other facilities, has been built above the station. Nearby is Frankfurt Airport regional station which is located beneath Terminal 1 of the airport and which provides local S-Bahn services to Frankfurt, Wiesbaden and Mainz.(wikipedia:)
You can get the useful travel information and buy tickets at the following places at the airport:
- regional railway station at the terminal 1, section B, level 0
- your DB - Travel Center (German: DB Reisezentrum) at the long-distance railway station / Squaire
- DB Travel Center is open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p. m.
- DB ticket machines at the regional railway station at the terminal 1, section B, level 0 or at the long-distance railway station at the AIRail Terminal
- payment method: EC bank card or credit card
For more detailed information regarding schedules and fares please click here:
> Deutsche Bahn
If you arrive from Frankfurt or from the Rhine-Main area you can use the local public transport.
Up-to-date information regarding schedules and prices is available at:
Also you can buy tickets and get information at the RMV Mobility Center:
- DB Travel Center at the terminal 1, sector B, level 0
- RMV ticket machines at the terminal 1, level 0
Rail and Fly:
Rail and Fly is your train to the plane!
This service of Deutsche Bahn lets you to ride the train from any railway station of Germany to the airport you need at discount prices.
The Frankfurt airport long-distance station has a direct access to the airport, that’s why you can arrive at it without stress.
More information about this service you can find here:
> These airlines offer Rail & Fly
The AIRRail service is a special offer of Lufthansa AG. It includes the using of DB lounges for business customers, seat reservation in ICE, check-in up to one hour prior to departure in Frankfurt or up to 15 minutes prior to departure of the train in Cologne, Bonn-Siegburg or Stuttgart. There are check-in counters at the train station for AIRrail customers.
> By the train to the plane